I believe that one of the biggest reasons that it is so hard to stop smoking is because the benefits of quitting seem so far away and the dangers feel like they will never happen. Instead of guessing or assuming, let take a look at a timeline that will show some of the immediate effects as well as long-term effects of quitting smoking right now as well as how it will affect your body STARTING TODAY.
- In Just 20 minutes your blood pressure will start to drop.
- In 30 minutes your blood pressure will be back to normal.
- In 8 hours your carbon monoxide levels in your blood stream will drop by 50% and Your oxygen levels will go back to normal.
- In 48 hours the likelihood of having a heart attack will start to decrease. Signs of nicotine will have left your body. You will have regained your sense of taste and smell on a normal level.
- In 72 hours your bronchial tubes will relax, and your energy levels will increase.
- In 2 weeks your circulation will start to increase, and will continue to improve for over the next 10 weeks.
- In 3-9 months wheezing, coughing, and breathing problems will start to disappear and your lung capacity will improve by around 10%.
- In 1 year your risk of having a heart attack will have decreased by 50%.
- In 5 years your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.
- In 10 years your risk of lung cancer will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
- In 15 years your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
Now you should have a better idea of more immediate results to look forward to by quitting now rather than just freaking out about how long it will take and how hard it will be not being able to smoke.
Now if you feel that you just don’t want to quite smoking because of deep cravings, desires, and just the enjoyment of the experience, then maybe there is a better alternative, Vaping.
Vaping has saved many people from from disease and death as it is much easier on the body as opposed to smoking. You can still get your nicotine hit, but with much less side effects.
The other fun part is the amount of flavors, options, and products they make for vaping. If you ever have a question on a flavor you don’t know about, all you have to do is search for the best e-liquid reviews, and you will find everything you were looking for.
This is just one good option VS the patch or gum. I would much prefer vaping which you can also get without nicotine at all. Just my 2 cents worth.